Zoom your world with the high-powered, mind-blowing closeness of the new P500. The 36x optical zoom breaks boundaries with incredible power to shoot closer and wider than ever before.
Nikon Coolpix P500 Key Features
Put yourself in the center of the action
You’ve never been closer to the action than you are with this 36x wide-angle optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens. Its optical zoom (22.5—810mm) pulls you in from wide panoramas to crisp close ups. Plus, a side zoom control marks the end of shaky zooms—freeing you to capture great action photos with minimal blur. So whether you’re shooting a mountain vista or zooming in on a snowboarder, say goodbye to missed shots. This lens catches it all. It even allows for macro shooting as close as 0.4 inches!
Whatever you want to shoot, the Coolpix P500 is ready.
You’ll never miss a shot with this versatile camera because it starts right up, has a quick autofocus, and shoots five shots in approximately one second—at full resolution. Plus, multiple Continuous Modes allow for a variety of high speed shooting options up to a blazing 120 frames per second (reduced resolution).
When a single picture just isn’t enough, the versatile Coolpix P500 features a One-Touch record button that lets you shoot Full HD (1080p) movies at 30fps while recording audio with a built-in stereo microphone. It’s great for sporting events because it will record high speed activity in slow motion, catching action missed by the human eye. The Coolpix P500 also has an HDMI-CEC output for simple playback on your HDTV or computer—so now it’s as easy to watch your own movies as it is to shoot them.
Panoramas: Seamless, Effortless, Genius.
Mountains. Canyons. Sunsets. The glory of these vistas is the breadth and grandeur of their natural beauty. That’s why the Coolpix P500 includes Easy Panorama Mode that combines multiple shots into a seamless 180- or 360-degree panor
- 36x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens.
- 12.1-megapixel CMOS sensor for high-speed operation and exceptional low-light performance.
- Capture 5 shots in one second at full resolution
- Full HD (1080p) Movie with Stereo sound and HDMI Output
- 5-way VR Image Stabilization System
Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera with 36x NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Black)
Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera with 36x NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Black) Reviews
188 of 192 people found the following review helpful:
Nikon Coolpix P500. Impressive,
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera with 36x NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Red) (Camera)Overall, the Nikon Coolpix P500 is pretty impressive. Although there are a few flaws, the camera's features make up for them. Below are the major pros and cons I found after using the camera for a few hours.
- HUGE 36x Optical Zoom (at full zoom I could see buildings 5 miles away as if they were two blocks away)
- Relatively lightweight and compact, much smaller than I expected.(compared to an entry level DSLR)
- Up to 240 FPS video, nice slow motion.
- Manual controls, a must for any experienced camera user.
- Buttons well laid out and simple to find and use.
- Image quality was good but it was pretty much expected, nothing extraordinary for this price range. If you prefer higher quality images over features in this price range, an entry level DSLR such as the D3100 is the way to go.
- If you accidentally leave the lens cap on and turn the camera on, the lens will still try to come out and it will... Read more
356 of 372 people found the following review helpful:
Alaska trip under my belt and it did everything I asked.,
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera with 36x NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Red) (Camera)I just returned from the holidays that I got the camera for. 14 days in Alaska. The camera did nearly everything I asked of it. A couple points I would like to point out. *I used firmware version 1.0 while on holiday, I now see version 1.1 is out, but does not appear to address any of the points I had issue with*
One thing that has me puzzled is when taking a photo in the camera's B&W mode, it will not focus properly if fully zoomed out. This appears to be a glitch to me, it makes no sense, however it is what I experienced while shooting. I got to work with the video more, and I had very bad luck getting it to focus. However I did notice if I ran the zoom out and THEN turned on the video, it seemed to be able to grab focus on the subjects much better. Again, doesn't make sense to me, but I will be interested in others that try it and if they have the same experience. I met several folks both traveling with us and at the places I visited that own the P500. I was... Read more
154 of 161 people found the following review helpful:
Good for What it is,
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera with 36x NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Black) (Camera)I've owned the Nikon p90 and p100, so I've got an idea of what these Nikon superzooms are like. I wasn't planning on buying a new superzoom, but the big jump in zoom to 810mm made me plonk down the money again. ( I think I need help, I'm becomeing a camera junkie). While wide angles aren't usually something I look for in most cameras, 22.5mm (35mm format) is really wide! The p500 is once again evolutionary, rather than revolutionary.
- Light and easy to hold, which makes it a good travelling camera. Less than half the weight of my dslr with an 18-200mm lens attached.
- Tilting 3 inch LCD screen.
- Humungous zoom. I write before that the Fujifilm HS10 720mm zoom was huge. 810mm is even huger! (This is the zoom range it should have been in the p100 imho, but as they say, better late than never). You will truly see things you'd never thought you'd see when you zoom out to 810mm.
- Easy to use...relatively. Since... Read more
› See all 161 customer reviews...