The OtterBox Defender Series offers an exclusive multi-layer design that keeps information and investments safe. No other case can withstand this degree of rough treatment. The Defender Series provides superior protection for tablets allowing complete interaction through the case
- High-quality polycarbonate shell with durable silicone skin
- Complete interaction of the iPad's functions
- Clip-on touch screen cover with fold-out stand included
- Provides added protection against bump, shock, drop and dust intrusion
- Not compatible with the optional iPad 2 dock, not waterproof
Otterbox iPad 2 Defender Case - Black NEWEST MODEL
Otterbox iPad 2 Defender Case - Black NEWEST MODEL Reviews
162 of 170 people found the following review helpful:
This review is from: Otterbox iPad 2 Defender Case - Black NEWEST MODEL (Personal Computers)I received my iPad 2 Defender Series case today and I must state that I am very disappointed at the quality and so called "ruggedness". I have an OtterBox for my iPad (1st Gen), iPhone 4, old iPhone 3GS and every one of my family members cell phones and have never had an issue with paying the price for the superior quality and protection, this time I feel ripped off. From the flimsy 'polycarbonate' case, to the thin silicone cover this is at most an average product for a premium price. Every port cover on this is flimsy, does not seat well and creates a vulnerable point in the event of a 'mishap', not to mention that the top and bottom of the polycarbonate case is so flimsy that it feels as though it will snap off if handled wrong. Oh, and whats up with how fat this case is when the cover is on, it's thicker than my iPad 1st Gen in its Defender Series case, kind of defeats one of the selling points of the product they are attempting to protect... Up to this point I have been a... Read more
74 of 80 people found the following review helpful:
1. Otterbox managed to shave the weight down quite a bit, there are a bunch of little hexagonal slots in the silicone and that piece alone feels much lighter. The plastic alone does feel a little less stout but once it's all snapped together and the silicone is on it feels like a lightweight tank!
2. they changed the dock connector design which is incredibly appreciated! For those of us that don't own the dock, I lost that piece from the 1st generation iPad case on at least 3 occasions. I appreciate the little flap they added so that you don't have to remove the whole piece.
3. The stand is awesome! The mechanism they used on this is so much... Read more
114 of 126 people found the following review helpful:
What you should know about ipad2 defender case,
This review is from: Otterbox iPad 2 Defender Case - Black NEWEST MODEL (Personal Computers)First off I'd like to say I love otterbox products my family swears by outer box cases for all are cell phones (2: Blackberry curve's, iPod classic, iPod nano, first gen iPhone, 3GS iPhone, first gen iPad, and now iPad 2 all have defender series) I would highly recommend any of otterbox cell phone and the FIRST gen iPad cases. (Note that when it came to the iPads I only recommended the first gen. And hears why.
When you were a kid was there ever something new that came out you wanted so bad you'd do anything to get it. But you had wait for it to come out in stores or wait until Christmas and finally the day comes and you get it, but after a few minutes you relies it doesn't function exactly as it appeared in an ad you seen on TV, magazine, or internet and it really disappointed you to the point it makes mad, sad all at the same time like someone is ripping your hart out. Well that's how I felt after I put my new case on my iPad 2. It's like the designers of the new iPad... Read more
› See all 338 customer reviews...